This seven-lesson course covers
Domain 1 of the AHIMA RHIA certification domains, subdomains, and tasks. This
training provides both a refresher of topics related to data content, structure,
and standards as well as coding according to established guidelines, design,
management, and maintenance of databases, data dictionaries, and the legal
Upon successful completion of the
course, the student will be able to:
- Explain health data structure,
content and standards.
- Identify information requirements
- Describe the importance of coding
diagnosis and procedures according to established guidelines.
- Explain managing and maintaining
- Describe the development of a data
- Understand the importance of
accurate data and documentation integrity.
- Describe the legal health
- Manage Health Data Elements and
- Develop and Maintain
Organizational Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines for Management of Health
- Ensure Accuracy and Integrity of
Health Data and Health Record Documentation
- Code Diagnosis and
- Database Design
- Database Management
- Legal Health Record
AHIMA certifications are administered
by the AHIMA Commission on Certification (COC). The COC does not contribute to,
review, or endorse any review books, review sessions, study guides, or other
exam preparatory activities.
Use of this product for AHIMA
certification exam preparation cannot guarantee that an exam candidate will earn
a passing score on the exam.