This eight-lesson course covers
Domain 4 of the AHIMA RHIA certification domains, subdomains, and tasks. The
course provides a review of key concepts related to revenue cycle management in
Health Information Management. It includes topics of reimbursement optimization,
coding and auditing management, accreditation and licensing processes, and
medical identity theft.
Upon successful completion of
the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify how to optimize reimbursement through
management of the revenue cycle (e.g., chargemaster maintenance).
- Describe the management of coding and the
importance of coding accuracy.
- Identify methods of monitoring industry trends
and organizational needs to anticipate changes.
- Explain the accreditation and licensing
processes (e.g., Joint Commission, Medicare, state regulators).
- Describe the steps involved in processes audit
- Explain how to perform an internal
- Define medical identity theft and its
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Managing and Validating Coding
- Managing Clinical Data for Reimbursement in
- Introduction to Accreditation
- Accreditation and Licensure
- The Joint Commission
- Monitoring Compliance
- Medical Identity Theft
AHIMA certifications are
administered by the AHIMA Commission on Certification (COC). The COC does not
contribute to, review, or endorse any review books, review sessions, study
guides, or other exam preparatory activities.
Use of this product for AHIMA
certification exam preparation in no way guarantees an exam candidate will earn
a passing score on the exam.