Welcome to AHIMA's online membership application. We are excited that you have decided to join AHIMA! AHIMA members share a common interest in the AHIMA purpose and are willing to abide by the Code of Ethics,
and we are committed to your success and provide membership benefits and resources in order to enhance your career.
Please visit here for a complete list of member types, benefits, and eligibility requirements.
Please note that the prices below are only for membership dues and do not include your CE maintenance fee(s) if applicable.
New to AHIMA Membership
This introductory membership type is available for up to two years to any individual who has not previously been a member of AHIMA.
IMPORTANT: If you work or reside outside of the US, please scroll down, select the Global/oUS category and use promotional code OUS79.
Includes the highest level of AHIMA member benefits and services. Premier members in good standing are entitled to all Premier level membership privileges including the right to vote.
Active members in good standing are entitled to all Active membership privileges including the right to vote.
To be eligible for the discounted student membership rate a student cannot hold an AHIMA credential and must be currently enrolled in a formal certificate or degree granting program directly relevant to AHIMA’s purpose. A student may retain this type of membership until graduation from that program, for a maximum of four years, or until registering for an AHIMA certification examination.
Those residing outside the territories of the United States are eligible for this digital membership. Global/oUS member in good standing shall be entitled to all Global/oUS member membership privileges including the right to vote.
Are you new to AHIMA? Use the promotional code OUS79 at checkout to receive a special $79 rate.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure to enter your outside US address within your profile to take advantage of the AHIMA's Global/oUS membership.
- If you do not wish to join online, please download and mail a paper application.
- For more information on Group membership, please contact James Bell.
- If a customer doesn’t pay membership dues for both years of their two-year recertification cycle they are required to pay the non-member recertification fee. This also applies to any individuals whose membership expired prior to September 30th.
- All AHIMA dues are not refundable and membership is not transferable
- If you are no longer working, and not planning to maintain your credential, please call our Customer Service team at (800) 335-5535 to discuss your options.