1. Review the consequences of data breaches to the organization, patients, and themselves.
2. Explore security best practices such as how to:
· Select good passwords and safeguard them
· Recognize phishing attempts
· Be more cautious about clicking links and opening email attachments
· Appropriately dispose data
· Protect against unauthorized access to physical or electronic personal health information (PHI)
· Avoid social engineering schemes
· Exercise the proper care when using mobile devices
· Respond appropriately when discovering a data breach.
· Review the do’s and don’ts for achieving compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule.
? Data Security Overview
? Websites and Software
? Data Disposal
? Physical Access
? Portable Devices
? Social Engineering
? Data Security Breach
The course was designed by Professor Daniel J. Solove, who is an internationally-known expert in privacy and security law and the founder of TeachPrivacy, a company that provides privacy and security training. Professor Solove makes HIPAA come alive in a fun and memorable way.
Discounted pricing is available for groups
of 5 or more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional