For quick, accurate, and efficient coding, pick this
best-selling HCPCS professional reference! 2017 HCPCS Level II, Professional
Edition provides an easy-to-use guide to the latest Healthcare Common
Procedure Coding System codes. It helps you locate specific codes, comply with
coding regulations, optimize reimbursement, report patient data, code Medicare
cases, master ICD-10 coding, and more. This professional edition features a
full-color design, dental codes, and ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center) payment
and status indicators.
• At-a-glance code listings and distinctive
symbols identify all new, revised, and deleted codes for 2017.
• The American
Hospital Association Coding Clinic® for HCPCS citations provide a reference
point for information about specific codes and their usage.
• Colorful design
with color-coded tables makes locating and identifying codes faster and
• American Dental Association (ADA) Current Dental Terminology code
sets offer access to all dental codes in one place.
• Drug code annotations
identify brand-name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug
Class (NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved
• Quantity feature highlights units of service allowable per patient,
per day, as listed in the Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) for enhanced accuracy
• Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies
(DMEPOS) indicators clearly identify supplies to report to durable medical
• Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) payment and status
indicators show which codes are payable in the Hospital Outpatient Prospective
• Information on coverage provides alerts when codes have
special instructions, are not valid or covered by Medicare, or may be paid at
the carrier’s discretion.
• Jurisdiction symbols show the appropriate
contractor to be billed for suppliers submitting claims to Medicare contractors,
Part B carriers, and Medicare administrative contractors submitting for DMEPOS
• Age/Sex edits identify codes for use only with patients
of a specific age or sex.
• Physician Quality Reporting System icon
identifies codes that are specific to PQRS measures.